Lakshmi Rai





Glamorous actress Lakshmi Rai, who shot to fame with her performance in Telugu film Kanchanamala Cable TV has been in the news for some time now for all the wrong reasons. Recently, it was rumoured that she was involved in flesh trade. And now the snaps of her nude photo session have hit the headlines.

This sexy girl is slowly strengthening her foothold in South Indian Cinema by acting in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam. She has been chosen to act with Jayam Ravi and Kangna Ranaut in Jeeva's film Dhaam Dhoom. She is also going to make an appearance in Mammootty's Pazhassi Raja.

Lakshmi Rai - Interview

She is just one film old. But her performance as the glamour girl in Karkka Kasadara has got her lot of attention. Lakshmi Rai speaks about her career in a brief interview.

How did you enter films?Diya
When I was eight years old I started appearing in ad films shot in Belgaum. From 2002 to 2004 I was the Miss Belgaum. Udhayakumar sir was looking out for a fresh face for his film Karkka Kasadara. My portfolio reached him through one of the model coordinators. He asked me to come to Chennai. After a formal screen test I got selected.

Your experiences with Udhayakumar.
First of all, I was thrilled to work with a director who discovered great actresses like Soundarya. The entire crew and cast are all new. Yet the film does not show it at all. The credit goes to the director. I am grateful to him for having the confidence that I will be able to act. Vikranth (cousin of Vijay) was of great help. He used to tell me the meanings of the dialogues.

We hear that you are doing a Telugu film?
Yeah, I am doing a film titled Kanchanamala Cable TV with Srikanth. When I got this offer, I was quite apprehensive since everyone told me that Andhra filmdom is full of heroes with big egos. Srikanth, my hero in is such a down-to-earth person and has no airs about him. I hope my Telugu film too becomes a hit.

Tell us about your family background.Diya
Ours is very close knit family. We are three sisters. I am the youngest and hence the most pampered girl. Whenever we are at home we have our share of fights and fun. I am Lush to my sisters while my mother calls me Lucky. My father had expected the last kid to be a boy and so he calls me Krishna

Do you feel that young girls are safe in filmdom?
I feel that young girls can make it films. Some may be lucky to get the right break. First and foremost, the parents must be supportive of the daughter’s entry into films. They must be the backbone to their daughter’s career. Next is the right kind of person who should give you the right break. If all this happens then filmdom is a nice place.

Do you think glamour is your strong point?
Exactly! Today’s youth who come to films want to see glamourous heroines. I want to catch their attention and win their hearts. I will be sensuous and sexy but not vulgar on screen. Once you have come to films then you should not draw any barriers.




Cute Feet




Filmography
Aayudham
Director: S L Puram Jayasoma
Starring: Suresh Gopi, Lakshmi Rai

Rock N Roll
Director: Ranjith
Starring: Mohanlal, Lakshmi Rai, Swetha Menon

Snehana Preethina
Director: Shahuraj Shinde
Starring: Darshan, Audithya, Lakshmi Rai, Sindhu Thulani


Nenjai Thodu
Director: Rajkannan
Starring: Gemini, Lakshmi Rai

Dharmapuri
Director: Perarasu
Starring: Vijayakanth, Lakshmi Rai


Neeku Naaku
Director:
Starring: Sharath Chandra, Rambha, Lakshmi Rai, Abhinaya Sri

Kundakka Mandakka
Director: Ashok
Starring: Parthiban, Lakshmi Rai, Vadivelu, Mallika,


Photo Gallery






















































































0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed

Post a Comment