Meera Jasmin




Meera Jasmine is the flavour of the season in both Malayalam and Tamil.

The comely girl from Kerala is going places, as every producer wants to cast her in his movie. An intensely private person, Meera still seems to be a reluctant starlet.

We got up close with Meera and sought her views on things close to her heart.

Love

It is not what comes after seeing each other for just a couple of times. It is something more. It is about understanding. It is about sharing. It is about giving. It is about taking. It is about having one life in two bodies.

Dress

My choice has always been simple and down to earth. My favourite is pawadai and thavani (half saree). When I am at home in Kerala, this is the dress I wear. With sandal paste on my forehead and anklets on my feet, I feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Hobbies

Music is my first love. Especially the songs of Ilayaraja. They are so soulful. I always have a Walkman on my ears all the time. I am not into hard, rock songs. Melody is my cup of tea. I know lot of Ilayaraja songs by heart.

Favourite bathroom song

From Jana gana Mana to Jesus Christ hymns to Kanda Shashti Kvacham, I hum whatever comes to my mind.

Colour

I like all colours. White when at home, blue when going out, red for temples, green for special occasions, black for sorrow. I love to wear different colours for different occasions. But the truth is I don't have a colour sense.

Cellphone

I don't give my mobile number to anyone. In fact, I don't use my mobile that much. It is a hotline between my home and myself.

Superstition

I am not a very religious type. I believe in God. I worship Kollur Mookambikai. But I am not superstitious.




Filmography


Rathrimazha (2007)
Maharadhi (2007)
Rasathanthram (2006)
Mercury Pookkal (2006)
Achuvinte Amma (2005)
Bhadra (2005)
Sandai Kozhi (2005)
Perumazhakkalam (2004)
Gudumba Shankar (2004)
Ayitha Ezhuthu (2004)
Jhoot (2004)
Chakram (2003)
Swapnakoodu (2003)
Padam Onnu Oru Vilapam (2003)
Gramaphone (2003)
Puthiya Geethai (2003)
Kasthuriman (2003)
Run (2002)
Soothradharan


Meera Jasmin -interview






Interview

Meera Jasmine, winner of the national award for best actress, attributes her success to her ability to become in her mind the character she portrays.



"I start thinking like her. Then even my body language changes," Meera Jasmine told IANS in an interview.


The 22-year-old, who won the award for her sensitive portrayal of 15-year-old child bride Shahina in T.V. Chandran''s "Paatham Onnu Oru Vilapam", believes she achieves this complete transformation only because of the blessings of god.



You have been acting mostly in commercial ventures. Why did you accept a film like "Paatam Onnu Oru Vilapam"?

You have been acting mostly in commercial ventures. Why did you accept a film like "Paatam Onnu Oru Vilapam"?



A: I don't categorize films as commercial or art. According to me, there are only two types of films: good and bad. I only want to do good characters in good films. This has been my attitude right from the beginning.



It is true that I may not get good characters from all the languages all the time. For example, now, I am not getting good characters in Tamil but I have some good characters in Telugu. I hope somebody in Tamil would create good characters for me now that I have won the national award. Fortunately for me, I got a character like Shahina in Malayalam.



I signed the film not because I was planning to do a parallel cinema or an art film. It just happened.


Was it because you felt empathy for Shanina that you decided to portray her on screen?

Yes. I, somehow, liked the girl Shahina and that was the only reason why I accepted the film. When I heard her story I felt empathy and sympathy for her plight.


Were you aware when T.V. Chandran told you about the plight of Shahina, a girl forced to marry an older man who already had a wife, that such things happened in our society?

I only knew some Muslims married off heir daughters at a very young age but nothing more than that. I haven't even been to Malappuram (the setting of the story) before. The place I was born and brought up is totally different from Malappuram. So, only when T.V. Chandran sir told me the story in detail did I realize the enormity of the situation. I then felt very bad for the girl.



Shahina is a Muslim school girl from Malappuram and the dialect that she speaks is totally different yours. What kind of preparations did you do, or did you just follow what the director said?

Generally, I don't do any preparation or rehearsal. What I do is I think about the character a lot so that I become the character in my own mind. Once I become the character in my mind, I start thinking like her. Then, even my body language changes. I feel I could achieve this only because of the blessings of god.



I also try to think how I would have reacted if I were in that position. I believe that human emotions are the same for everyone whether she is a Hindu or a Christian or a Muslim. Similarly, I tried to relate to what Shahina faced in her life.



This is what my guru Lohitadas taught me when I did my first film. I had had absolutely no background in acting. What he told me was to try to be Shivani, the first character I did. He also asked me to learn everything about the character, even what is not there in the film so that I could become the character fully. From then on, I have been following what he taught me. I try to be the character. If I have won the award now, it is only because of what he has taught me in my first film.



How did you react when you heard the news that you had won the national award?

You may find it odd but I behaved in a bizarre way. I just cried. Don't ask me why I cried. I felt like crying and I cried for quite some time.



You have won this award at a very young age. Do you look at it as a big responsibility?#0000FF

Yes, it is a big responsibility. Hereafter, my films and characters will be scrutinized more. It is true that I have always selected only good characters but I have to be very, very careful now.


After you won the award, you said it was all because of almighty. Are you a strong believer in god?

Yes, a very strong believer. Tell me, if god had not decided it, would I, a total stranger to films, a nobody from a small town, have got a chance to act in films? Now, I get such a big award too. I fully believe that there is a force above that is pushing me and guiding me to do these things. I have no other word to describe that force except god.




Wallpapers










Movie Reviews




Rasathantram



Cast: Mohanlal, Meera Jasmine, Bharath Gopi and Innocent
Language: Malayalam
Director: Satyan Anthikad;
Music: Ilayaraja
Producer: Antony Perumbavoor



Director Satyan Anthikad and superstar Mohanlal team up after a long gap of 12 years in "Rasathantram". It also marks the coming together of Mohanlal and Meera Jasmine.



Being the Vishu release of the superstar who is teaming up with a director with whom he has had an enviable record, expectations from the Mohanlal starrer were sky-high.



The film does not belie expectations. The director has done a fine job by casting Mohanlal in a common man's character. The star plays a carpenter with characteristic skill.



The adage 'old wine in a new bottle' may be apt to describe the film with a plot that is not daringly unconventional but one which is packaged refreshingly.



Prem Chandran Asari is a vintage Mohanlal character etched in our memory. He is a kind-hearted do-gooder whose destiny is shaped by circumstances beyond his control. But he still has the capability of spreading laughter and happiness.



The storyline is simple - Prem Chandran saves a slave girl of Tamil descent, Kanmani (Meera Jasmine). Circumstances force her to dress up as a man leading to hilarious situations and commotions, though predictable, till the end of the first half.



The second half takes off on a different tangent, which is rather emotional and sentimental, with the past coalescing into the present before culminating in an expected climax.

Mohanlal and Meera are paired together for the first time and the equation between them is worth your ticket's money.



Individually they are very good, but it's a treat to watch them together as their onscreen chemistry is terrific.



Mohanlal may be repeating his act for the umpteenth time but it's a pleasure watching him.


Meera, who is usually given typical damsel in distress roles in Malayalam films except for a rare "Swapnakoodu" or an "Achuvinte Amma", has a very different part in this film. Here, she starts off as a damsel in distress but takes on lighter shades as the film progresses.



Though her metamorphosis leaves us dissatisfied in hindsight, she is a delight to watch. The cross-dressing act is the highlight of the film.



Also worth mentioning is the chemistry between Mohanlal and Innocent and Mohanlal and Bharath Gopi - the former for its comical interludes and the latter for the sentimental dexterity.



The second half of the film is a bit slow and emotional and seems out of sync with the first.



Overall, "Rasathantram" is a nice Vishu gift for Mohanlal fans who feel nostalgic about his good old days.



Achuvinte Amma


Satyan Anthikad is a simple and straightforward chronicler of everyday life. Satyan usually dwells on family-oriented themes and has an uncanny knack for striking a responsive chord.



In his latest film Achuvinte Amma, the ace Malayalam director has come up with a wholesome entertainer that has gone down well with an appreciative audience.



If Achuvinte Amma has done well, a lion's share of the credit should go to actress Urvashi, who has staged a comeback of sorts through this film. In fact, the buzz goes that Satyan had only Urvashi in mind when he decided to direct this film. And the consummate actress has done a fabulous job, fully justifying the confidence the director had reposed in her.



The film devolves on the strong mother-daughter bonds. Satyan has delineated the characters of the mother daughter duo with great care and an eye for the detail. No wonder, the frames are suffused with the warmth of their love for each other.



Vanaja (Urvashi) has come up the hard way in life. Her only priced possession in life is her daughter Achu (Meera Jasmine), whom she has brought up, lavishing affection. The daughter is in fact the apple of her eye. The mother would do just anything to keep her daughter happy. Because she is blessed with a glib tongue, Vanaja works as a "Crorepati" LIC agent. Besides, she is also a good tailor.



Everything goes on smoothly in the mother-daughter wonderland until Achu confronts Vanaja with the one question the latter has always dreaded to hear: who is her father? She shies away everytime Achu poses the question by telling one lie or the other. Soon, Achu, who has a diploma in engineering, lands a job in a construction company. As chance would have it, the mother and daughter meet Jijo (Sunil).



Jijo endears himself to the mother-daughter team with his Good Samaritan nature. He is quite an enterprising youngster too. In no time, Achu and Jijo become close friends. Their friendship blossoms into love in the course of time. But, Vanaja, who is highly possessive about her daughter, frowns on the idea of her daughter marrying an orphan, which Jijo is.



Then Achu springs an unpleasant surprise on her when she once again refuses to disclose the identity of the father. An angry Achu walks out on her mother. The remainder of the movie centers round how the mother and daughter cope with the spell of separation.



The film has its distractions as well. The climax is a bit contrived and dragging. A few characters who have nothing to do with the main theme detracts from the tempo of the film. One of them is KPAC Lalitha's character, who is too loud for comfort. Then there is a big Muslim family, the attendant songs and dances, which mar the taughtness and cohesiveness of the film.



The first half that way is certainly better, with a lot of comedy scenes featuring the mother and the daughter. They bring down the house literally when Vanaja tries to learn English.



The film could have been better if only it had been trimmed a bit. Music is another letdown, with veteran Ilayaraja unable to impart any freshness to the narrative.



The saving grace of course is Urvashi, who is marvelous in the role of the mother. It is a once-in-a-lifetime role for Urvashi, whose sense of timing in comedy scenes is a treat to watch. She is equally convincing in the scenes where she is required to bring out the anguish and distress of a woman, who has to bear the pangs of separation of her only daughter. No word is good enough to describe Urvashi's quality of acting. It has to be seen to be believed.



Meera's daughter is second only to Urvashi. She is playful, full of pranks and a bundle of mischief as befits her character. The Jasmine looks lovely and slim. A surprise package of the film is Sunil's Jijo. Here is a promising actor in the making who will go far in his career.



All in all, despite some narrative flaws, Achuvinte Amma is an eminently watchable film if only for the standout performance of Urvashi.





Perumazhakkalam




Yes it rained heavily in the heart of every character Kamal showcased in this movie. The renowned director is all set to conquer the hearts of film lovers once again. Known for his talent to produce big hits without big star casts, Kamal proves the theory once again with a well-written and directed story.


The movie deals with the repercussions of the murder of Reghu Rama Iyer (Vineeth) in Saudi Arabia. Under the Shariath Law, Akbar (Dileep) is found guilty and is condemned to be beheaded for the crime committed. The judgment is revoked only if the deceased ones wife, Ganga (Kavya Madhavan), forgives the murderer, Akbar. Razia (Meera Jasmin), Akbar's wife, is caught in this agonizing situation.



Will Ganga pardon the person who murdered her husband? Will Ganga forgive the one who left her a widow and her child fatherless? Will Ganga forgive the one who snatched away the sole breadwinner of her family? Does Akbar deserve to be forgiven? What made Akbar commit the crime? Will Razia able to bring her husband back safe?



Kavya Madhavan and Meera Jasmine excels in their respective roles. The guest appearance of Biju Menon as Akbar's friend, Mamukoya as his father, Salim Kumar as Kochappa are memorable.



T A Razak handles the screenplay of this tightly written story. Cameraman P Sukumar has done an excellent job. M Jayachandran's music is one of the best Hindustani songs in recent times. "Perumazhakkalam" is going to attract those who love quality serious cinema.




PhotoGallery




















































Whats New

Meera’s ‘Minnaminnikoottam’ opens big!

Kamal’s ‘Minnaminnikoottam’ stars Meera Jasmine, Narain, Roma, Samvrutha, Jayasuriya, Indrajith and Radhika in the lead roles. The film hit the theatres recently and it is receiving great responses. The story of the film revolves around the IT sector as the backdrop. The film was shot in many beautiful locations and at Singapore.


Meera Jasmine gets the Filmfare Award!




The beautiful actress from Kerala, Meera Jasmine won the much popular Filmfare Award, in its 55th edition. Meera has won the award for her outstanding performance in the film ‘Ore Kadal’. She says that she is very happy to win the prestigious award. The Malayalam actor Mohanlal also won the award for his performance in the film ‘Paradesi’. The actor says that he considers ‘Paradesi’ as a landmark in his film career. Vijay, Suriya, Karthi, Nayantara, Venkatesh, Junior NTR and Rashmi Madhavan attended the function while Katrina Kaif, Rambha, Hansika, Mamika, Divya and Shriya Saran performed on the stage.

Meera Jasmine in ‘Maa Aayana Chanti Pilladu




The beautiful actress from the God’s own country Kerala, Meera Jasmine is acting in the Telugu film titled ‘Maa Aayana Chanti Pilladu’, opposite Sivaji. The film is directed by Raja Vannem Reddy and produced by Bekkem Venugopal under the banner of Lucky Media. Actress Sangeetha is also a part of the film. The shooting for the film has been completed and the post production works were also completed recently. The producer is planning to release the film on July 19th. Music is scored by Srilekha.


Meera’s ‘Minnaminnikoottam’ going steady!



‘Minnaminnikoottam’ starring Meera Jasmine in the lead has been released recently. This weekend seems to be one of the best for the film, better than the first weekend. The theatres in which the film is running are houseful in all major cities. If it goes in this manner for few more weeks, ‘Minnaminnikoottam’ has chances for a safe landing.


Meera’s ‘Ore Kadal’ gets an award!



The Malayalam film ‘Ore Kadal’ starring Meera Jasmine and Mammootty in the lead roles won the audience award at ‘Bollywood and Beyond’, Germany’s only festival of Indian Cinema. Shyamprasad received the trophy and a cash prize of Rs 1,000 Euros from Shobha De, author and Socialite. The festival screened 20 feature films, 23 documentaries and 13short films over a period of five days. The story of ‘Ore Kadal’ is based on the Bengali novel ‘Heerak Deepthy’.


Meera to play a singer role



It is a turn of Meera to play the role of singer after the actor Jayaram. The recent trend in Malluwood is actors are playing role of singers. Meera is working in a new film called as Calcutta News.

She is having a nice time with Blessy, the director of the movie and she is going to star with Dileep. The shooting for the movie is going on in Kolkata. Her character name is Krishnapriya, a singer. The other two prominent heroines in this movie are Maanasa and Vimala. In Tamil Meera as signed for a new movie with Bharath and the movie is titled as Nepali.

Meera Jasmine in Parattai Engira Azhagu Sundaram



Meera Jasmine is paired with Dhanush in the movie Parattai Engira Azhagu Sundaram. She has handled the role of a journalist in the movie. She falls in love with Dhanush who happens to hail from village and is in search of a job in the city. Some incidents in his life make him to join as a gangster under a don. Meera Jasmine helps Dhanush's mother Archana to find him in the city with knowing that the person she is in love is the person Archana is searching for.

Meera Jasmine in Yamagola



Yamagola is the forthcoming movie in Tollywood with Srikanth in the lead role and Meera Jasmine is being paired with Srikanth in the movie. There is another pair in the movie and the roles are handled by Venu and Rima Sen. Srinivasa Reddy will direct the movie for Amar, Kishore Putta and Satish. The movie is produced under the banner of Global Sign X's Prem Entertainments. About 80 percent of the shooting has been completed.


Meera Jasmine to play sister of Dr Rajasekhar




Anna Tangi is a hit movie in the Malluwood and the movie is now going to be remade in the Telugu industry and the movie is yet to be titled. Directed by RV Pratap, the movie is expected to pair up Dr Rajasekhar and Charmi and there is another important role in the movie which is the sister character of Dr Rajasekhar and the role is to be handled by Meera Jasmine. There will be a lot of scope for Meera Jasmine to perform in this movie. With plans to release the movie for Dasara, the movie is expected to commence shooting in the upcoming month.


Meera Jasmine with Dhanush in Parattai alias Azhagu Sundaram



Meera Jasmine, the national award winner is to pair with Dhanush in the movie named Parattai alias Azhagu Sundaram which is a remake of the Kannada super hit movie Jogi. Some time before there was news that the rights for the movie have been bought from the Kannada director by Rajini Kanth to make his son-in-law perform in the movie and bring back his fame in the industry back as his previous movie Pudhupettai directed by his brother Selvaraghavan did not do well as expected. He has completed the shooting for the movie Thiruvilaiyadal with Shriya and also doing a movie named NH47 directed by Vettri.


Meera Jasmine's new assignment with Dileep



Meera Jasmine appeared in her debut movie, Soothradharan with Dileep. The pair has also appeared in a couple of movies under the direction of Kamal. One of the movies was Gramaphone which did not do well as expected but the other movie Perumazhakaalam did very well in the box office. Now Meera Jasmine will be starring again with Dileep in the movie directed by Blessy. Everyone in the industry is expecting about the upcoming movie. It seems that the director has decided to shoot most part of the movie in and around the areas of Calcutta .

Ore Kadal releases on 12 th July



Ore Kadal, the movie starring Meera Jasmine and Mammootty in the lead role in planned for release in the month of July on 12 th . The movie will be directed by Shyamaprasad. Mayavi and Big B are the movies in which the pair has appeared earlier and the movies have proved to be hits. A remake of the hit movie in Bengali, the movie is sure to appeal the audiences. The shooting of the movie is expected to complete in Chennai and the post production will commence in a weeks time.


Meera Jasmine in Thirumagan



Meera Jasmine is being booked for number of movies recently. In Tamil, Meera Jasmine is paring with S.J Suriah in the film ‘Thirumagan'. Rathna Kumar is directing the film. The shooting is taking place aggressively and a song was shot in Theni district. Meera jasmine has given the best role in this movie.

TThirumagan released for Meera Jasmine



Meera Jasmine has done the female lead role in the movie Thirumagan with SJ Suryah and the movie has come out very well with her excellent performance. She has played the role of a pot maker and hailing from a poor family. SJ Suryah, a youth in the village falls in love with Meera Jasmine and both decide to marry but Suryah's father dies. There is promise made by Suryah's father to his friend. He is also in the situation to fulfill it. The climax of the movie is whom he marries and does he fulfill the promise made by his father. The movie is also stars Malavika, Preethi Verma and Lakshana.





Meera Jasmine is a famous south indian actress working in mollywood,tollywood and kollywood. She is basically from kerala. She has done some very good roles in all the languages.Almost all her movies were noticable and she has a very good tallent in acting.She is very sexy and hot actress.Her sexy role in Nepali and Aayudhezhuthu was very attractive.here are some hot exposing photos of meera jasmine from the movie Nepali. She is very sexy and hot in the stills.



Vidoes


Meera Jasmine hot sexy telugu south exposing romance navel





Bhavana or Meera Jasmine?





Meera jasmine saree stripping






meera hot sexy wet saree song 2





Cute Meera Jasmine from Thirumagan






Meera Jasmine Unplugged P04




Meera Jasmine Sexy photos

Meera Jasmine

Meera Jasmine sexy photos


Meera Jasmine and Simbu

Sexy actress Meera Jasmine showing some leg dance


Tags:Meera Jasmine stills, Meera Jasmine photo gallery, Meera Jasmine online photos & images, Meera Jasmine latest pics & picutres, Meera Jasmine movie clips and videos, latest picutres of Meera Jasmine, telugu Meera Jasmine photos,Meera jasmine gallery , Meera jasmine photo gallery meera jasmine wallpapers news stills pictures photos,Meera Jasmine, Malayalam Actress, gallery, stills, images, pictures, download, Malayalam trailers, Malayalam videos, Malayalam mp3, Malayalam actress,Malayalam actors, Malayalam movies reviews,Malayalam movie reviews,Malayalam movie previews,Malayalam songs, Malayalam music, Malayalam top 10, Malayalam movie gallery,Malayalam mp3,bakthi,Malayalam films,latest Malayalam movies,Mercury Pookal

0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed

Post a Comment